His beautiful debut album PILOTPRIEST - ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK is available to buy now, and is due out on vinyl shortly. You can hear the whole album on FUTURE-ROCKER right here, while we chat with Anthony:
- How long have you been playing? Has the synth always been your instrument?
I’ve been playing for 20 years. I play drums, bass, guitar,and keys. I started with synth.
I’ve always been into this sound ever since I was 5. I loved the way it was so odd, yet popular. I have been writing this style since I started... I’m lucky it came back into style.
- Explain the titles - you wrote all the music, so they're not cover versions. Did you watch the films first, then write the music?
I just titled the tracks based on the film from my childhood that the song made me feel the most.
[[ PILOTPRIEST - TOP THREES
3. Lou Reed – Transformer
2. Jeff Wayne – War Of The Worlds
1. Michael Jackson – Thriller
3. Repo Man – Various
2. The Thing – Ennio Morricone
1. Bladerunner – Vangelis ]]
- Any scoops on the collaboration with artist / designer Ash Thorp?
We are developing numerous films right now... All different types of genre stories. We are really trying to bring back the realism of character, that was in stories put to film before the studios got scared of new untested ideas.
- Apart from that, what's next from you?
I’m always working on new music, and I’m trying to develop the next album as an oculus rift experience [ - meaning a head-mounted, high-field-of-view virtual reality device ].
I'm mostly focusing on directing... This month I’m directing an episode of a new horror anthology series.
Pilotpriest - Bodydouble (Phace Remix) / Neodigital 001